Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home at last.

Well, after four days in Savannah, I'm back at home.
I loved every minute of it. The people... the places... SCAD... all of it. Wonderful. :]
I took over 300 pictures but only uploaded like 19, lol. If you would like to see them, take a look at my flickr. (clicky-click for the pics)

But anyway, we took a tour of SCAD and I seriously fell in love. I want to do something with web design and illustration, so we made sure to look at those departments and I must say, walking into the ill. building brought a little lump to the back of my throat.
It was the first time I actually found myself thinking "I can do this. I want to do this."

Savannah just fit my contradicting self so perfectly. The old city and buildings and shops and parks... well it all felt like a big city-- which I love. But it was slower paced, and sweeter than a city-- the reasons I like the south. And then, you drive 20 minutes from the city and there are these beautiful marshes and then the beach-- fills my want of lovely country side.

Over all, a very humbling and inspiring trip. I seriously am hopeful of going there for college, if not living there permanently.

In other news, I'm working on a new piece-- should be uploaded today or tomorrow-- of a little boy in celebration of Spring. :] It's my IF project for this week.
Watercolor, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment